DUBLIN, Sep 23, 2022 / PRNewswire / – “Orthopedic Medical Imaging Systems – Global Market Analysis and Trajectory” report has been added to by ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
The global market for orthopedic medical imaging systems will reach $ 10.6 billion by 2026
The global market for orthopedic medical imaging systems, estimated at US $ 8.9 billion in 2022, is expected to reach a revised size of US $ 10.6 billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 4.1% in analysis period.
Orthopedic medical imaging systems are emerging as a popular option to safely and effectively obtain high quality images for decision making and reduce the need for surgery. Growth in the global market is driven by the increase in cases of orthopedic disorders and the growth of the geriatric population highly prone to osteoarthritis.
The market is also strengthened by the increase in bone fracture injuries following falls, accidents and sports injuries. Traumatic injuries continue to be a leading cause of mortality, with road injuries and falls. There are approximately 2.5 million cases of sports-related knee injuries per year, requiring emergency care. The number is expected to increase in the coming years, creating a strong demand for orthopedic medical imaging systems.
X-ray systems, one of the segments analyzed in the report, are expected to increase by a CAGR of 3.6% to reach $ 3.6 billion by the end of the analysis period. After a thorough analysis of the business implications of the pandemic and its induced economic crisis, growth in the ultrasound systems segment is readjusted to a revised 4.2% CAGR for the next 7-year period.
This segment currently represents a 25.9% share of the global market for orthopedic medical imaging systems. Conventional X-ray examination techniques still dominate the field of imaging, although most of the images currently produced are digital. The lower cost and duration of the test are the main advantages of X-rays.
The US market is estimated at $ 3.4 billion in 2022, while China is expected to reach $ 1.1 billion by 2026
The market for orthopedic medical imaging systems in the United States is estimated at $ 3.4 billion in the year 2022. The country currently accounts for a 38.25% share in the global market. China, the second largest economy in the world, is expected to reach an estimated market size of $ 1.1 billion in 2026, with a CAGR of 5.7% over the analysis period.
Other notable geographic markets include Japan and Canada, each projected to grow by 3% and 3.7% respectively over the analysis period. Within Europe, Germany is expected to grow by around 3.4% CAGR, while the rest of Europe market (as defined in the study) will reach $ 1.2 billion by the end of the analysis period. .
Growth in the North American region is driven by favorable reimbursement policies and a large chunk of the elderly population willing to undergo procedures to stay active. The regional market is supported by the implementation of sophisticated systems in the healthcare and clinical fields.
A growing number of outpatient and inpatient surgery centers in the United States are investing in innovative systems to improve patient diagnostics, treatment, and outcomes. Various hospitals are adopting systems with integrated spine navigation and robotics capabilities for real-time medical imaging and high accuracy during orthopedic surgeries.
Market expansion in the Asia-Pacific region can be attributed to the increasing roll-out and adoption of advanced systems in a large number of clinical settings. Future growth of the Asia-Pacific market is expected to be driven by government initiatives, adequate reimbursements, increasing insurance coverage and growth in the medical tourism sector.
The CT scanner segment will reach $ 2.1 billion by 2026
In the global CT scanner segment, the US, Canada, Japan, China and Europe will lead the estimated 4.2% CAGR for this segment. These regional markets representing a combined market size of US $ 1.3 billion will reach an expected size of US $ 1.8 billion by the end of the review period.
China will remain among the fastest growing countries in this cluster of regional markets. Led by countries such as Australia, India and South Korea, the market in Asia-Pacific is projected to reach $ 236.8 million by 2026, while Latin America will expand at a 5.3% CAGR during the year. analysis period.
What’s new for 2022?
- Global competitiveness and market shares key percentages of competitors
- Market presence in multiple geographical areas: strong / active / niche / banal
- Interactive peer-to-peer collaborative custom updates online
- Access to digital archives
- Free updates for one year
Key topics covered:
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Impact of Covid-19 and a looming global recession
- Medical Imaging Systems Market: A Prelude
- Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the market for orthopedic medical imaging systems
- COVID 19 immobilizes orthopedic patients
- Imaging Screening Volume% change 1H 2019 vs 1H 2020 in US hospitals
- COVID-19 caught healthcare systems off guard: musculoskeletal radiology stops
- Market perspectives and perspectives
- The global market for orthopedic medical imaging systems will witness strong growth
- The United States focuses on the orthopedic medical imaging market with the adoption of innovative systems
- Percentage of US adults with arthritis in 2019, by gender for selected states
- Developing regions show the fastest growth
- The increase in the number of hospitals and clinics instills momentum in developing regions
- X-rays dominate the global market, MRI testifies to the fastest growth
- The density of the equipment is related to the number of imaging procedures
- Benefits of MRI vs. Other imaging modalities
- Insights into the influencer market
- Trajectories of the world market
- Competitive market presence: strong / active / niche / trivial for players around the world in 2022 (E)
2. FOCUS ON SELECTED PLAYERS (Total 50 featured)
- Canon Inc.
- Carestream Health, Inc
- EOS imaging
- Esaote SpA
- Fujifilm Holdings Corporation
- General Electric Company
- Hitachi Medical Systems Europe Holding AG
- Royal Philips NV
- Medtronic Plc
- Planmed OY
- Shimadzu Corporation
- Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
- Teledyne DALSA
3. TRENDS AND MARKET DRIVERS
- Population aging and associated orthopedic disorders drive demand for medical imaging systems
- Increase in healthcare spending to drive growth
- The increasing incidence of bone fractures due to osteoporosis drives the market for medical imaging systems
- Global Prevalence of Osteoporosis by Country / Region (2012 and 2022P): Number of people with osteoporosis in millions for US, EU, Japan, China and India
- Technological advances set the pace for the orthopedic medical imaging systems market
- Artificial intelligence-based orthopedic systems come to the fore
- 3D CT imaging set to expand its footprint
- DR systems emerge to replace traditional X-ray imaging systems
- 3D printing emerges as a game changer with quantified opportunities for orthopedic care
- Select launches in the orthopedic medical imaging market
- Siemens Healthineers launches the LUMINOS Lotus Max medical imaging system
- Konica Minolta Healthcare introduces dynamic digital radiography for orthopedic imaging
- CurveBeam grants FDA 510 (K) clearance for the HiRise WBCT Imaging System
- Siemens Healthineers Receives FDA Approval for YSIO X.pree X-ray System
- Konica Minolta’s PACS solution is launched in the US market
4. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
III. REGIONAL MARKET ANALYSIS
For more information on this report, please visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ave01r
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For EST office hours Call + 1-917-300-0470
For US / CAN call toll free + 1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours Call + 353-1-416-8900
Fax USA: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside the US): + 353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets