The Smart Data Summit Plus & the Future Datacenters and Cloud Infrastructure Summit 2022 took place on 16 and 17 November 2022 to the Movenpick Grand Al Bustan in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The summit brought together senior IT and technology experts to explore advances in technology, networking, and foster business conversations. The event also hosted the 2na edition of Press SDS+ data, an initiative that celebrated organizations that have gone further in implementing artificial intelligence and big data analytics. Over 400 data analytics and IT professionals from across the region attended the Summits which were held side-by-side.
Through a mix of inspiring keynotes and informative panel discussions throughout the 2 days, delegates had access to valuable insights from key thought leaders. At both summits, over 85 speakers gathered from the MENA region to discuss all things DATA: data-driven decision-making, data storage, data security, and ways to unlock the true power of data and analytics . DATA was the buzzword on everyone’s mind.
The Smart Data Summit opened with a speech by Hoda Al KhazaimiDirector of Cyber Security Center, New York University Abu Dhabi who spoke on the topic of digital leadership: opening paths to progress with advanced technologies. This was followed by a fireside chat with Dr. Fadi SalemDirector of Policy Research, MBR School of Government, who discussed Artificial Intelligence (AI) and the Roadmap to the Digital Realm for the Mena Region.
At the Future Datacenter and Cloud Infrastructure Summit, delegates were treated to informative keynotes from Dr. Mohamed A.Saad, Head of IT Systems Architecture & Infrastructure Solutions Design, National Bank of Egypt addressing the topic of cloud computing trends in 2023, Ali Husnain Shah, Head of IT Department, East Delta Saudi Co. – KSA, who spoke about Datacenter Cybersecurity & Resilience e Go up Ismail, Lecturer – School of Science and Engineering, Curtin University Dubai, who presented on the topic Infrastructural overview of security.
Other topics discussed at the summits included digital transformation (DX) in MENA government and public sector enterprises, the latest marketing and predictive analytics trends in the MENA region, people and workforce strategies to succeed in the metaverse world, Data Analytics, Intelligence, Machine Learning and Business Intelligence, Cloud Data Security and Resiliency, Data Governance Challenges, Data Ethics and Data Privacy, Digital Infrastructure, Data Center Strategy and Trends for the MENA Region, Construction and provision of mission-critical infrastructure and much more.
The Press SDS+ data covered 12 key categories and recognized organizations who are pioneers in data disruption, solving critical challenges, engaging and innovating with tangible results.
The awardees were:
- DUBAI MUNICIPALITY for the Smart Data Champion Award
- DUBAI POLICE for the Smart Data AI Innovation Award
- LULU GROUP INTERNATIONAL for the Smart Data Excellence Award – Retail
- EMIRATES GROUP (EMIRATES AIRLINES & DNATA TRAVEL) for the Smart Data Excellence Award – Travel and Hospitality
- DUBAI HEALTH AUTHORITY for the Smart Data Excellence Award – Healthcare
- GULF MARKETING GROUP for the Smart Data Excellence Award – E-commerce
- ROADS AND TRANSPORT AUTHORITY for the Smart Data Excellence Award – Government
- DU (EMIRATES INTEGRATED TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMPANY) for the Smart Data Excellence Award – Telecom
- DUBAI COUNTRY DEPARTMENT for the Smart Data Excellence Award – Real Estate
- GEMS EDUCATION for the Smart Data Excellence Award – Education
- AW ROSTAMANI GROUP for the Smart Data Excellence Award – Automotive
- FIRST BANK OF ABU DHABI for the Smart Data Excellence Award – BFSI
The Smart Data & the Future Datacenter Summit presented by Expotrade was sponsored and supported by key industry players such as Huawei, Dataiku, RED, Snowflake, Denodo, FICO, Fivetran, Evam, Dsquares, opendatasoft, CAT, Multinet, Corning, CPI, ABG, NEOS, Legrand, Convergytics, AIESEC and many more.
DHN was the official media partner of Smart Data & the Future Datacenter Summit.