Joy is the first Leonin assassin in Mobile Legends: Bang Bang and the last hero to be released this year.
He is one of the more unique heroes in the game, as his skill set sets the pace to deal maximum damage to enemies as possible. He’s tough to play, but he’s a rewarding hero to master if you’re up to the challenge.
For players looking to get to know the new assassin hero, here’s a quick rundown of how to play Flash of Miracle, including his skills, recommended emblem, battle spells, best builds, and effective combos.
Joy’s abilities in Mobile Legends: Bang Bang
Passive – Humph, Joy is mad!
Joy enrages for four seconds whenever her ability deals damage to a non-minion enemy, during which time she gains 100% extra movement speed and 16% damage reduction.
- The passive can only be activated once every four seconds on the same enemy.
- The passive also grants Joy magic damage on her basic attacks, so you should use those as well instead of relying solely on your abilities to deal damage.
- The additional movement speed and damage reduction make her one of the few assassins capable of initiating a team fight.
- If you want to extend the duration of the passive, you need to hit more non-minion targets. The effect can stack up to five times.
First skill: look, Leonin Crystal!
Joy summons a Leonin Crystal to the target location, dealing magic damage to nearby enemies.
- The Leonin Crystal lasts 2.4 seconds.
- The crystal can be used as a springboard for her second ability.
- This skill also allows Joy to dash twice even if you don’t hit a target. Cast Look, Leonin Crystal! and use Meow, Rhythm of Joy! towards the crystal. You will have an extra shot that can be used to close the gap or escape lost team fights.
- It is essential to first cast it against a unit before using its second ability. The slow effect will make it easier for you to hit the dashes.
- The ability also reveals enemies inside a bush.
Second Skill: Meow, Rhythm of Joy!
Joy dashes in the target direction, dealing magic damage to enemies in its path. Hit an enemy or Leonin’s Crystal from Guarda, Leonin’s Crystal! allows Joy to enter Beat Time! for one second, during which she is immune to crowd control effects and can cast this ability again
- This is his main source of damage, so max it out whenever possible.
- It’s also important to turn up the volume when playing Joy, as this skill requires players to time the dashes to the beat of the sound.
- You can also refer to the bear that will appear at the bottom of the screen whenever you use this skill. It fires whenever the yellow gauge reaches the bottom of the bar.
- A lightning bolt logo will appear under your HP bar whenever you hit the right beat. Conversely, a yellow dot will appear if you shoot at the wrong pace.
- The more timed hits you make, the stronger the skill will become.
- He can use this ability to jump over walls.
Ultimate – Ah, electrifying beats!
Joy removes all crowd control effects on her and releases stored energy, gaining 30% increased movement speed and slow immunity for four seconds, and dealing magic damage to nearby enemies times over the duration.
- You must cast Meow, Rhythm of Joy! five times in quick succession to use his ult.
- Every timely meow, rhythm of joy! dashing increases the damage of this skill by 25%.
- Hitting the same target multiple times reduces this skill’s damage by up to 60%.
- He will also gain magical lifesteal if Joy successfully hits all Meows, Rhythm of Joy! in rhythm.
- If the enemy moves away during the duration, you can cast Look, Leonin Crystal! to slow them down.
- He cannot use basic attacks while his max is active.
Joy tips and tricks
Battle spell recommendation
If you’re playing Joy in the EXP lane or mid lane, Execute is the way to go since it doesn’t deal much damage in the first half of the game. You’ll also need to hunt down kills, as he benefits from having his first two main items as quickly as possible.
Retribution is another good battle spell for her as she can be played in the jungle. Upgrade to Ice Retribution for movement speed debuff to enemy heroes, which works well with her mobility abilities. It can also act as an escape tool whenever you fail to hit your second skill.
Recommended decal set
Since Joy’s abilities increase with magic damage, it is recommended that she choose the mage emblem tree. She takes the Magic Worship feat to gain burn damage each time she casts a skill on a target three times. It will be easy to activate the talent’s effect, considering that all of her skills have low cooldowns.
Be sure to pick the extra movement speed and magical penetration sub-feats.
Recommended object construction
As an assassin, building offensive items like the Genius Wand and Glowing Wand is key in the early parts of the game. Picking Focused Energy or Holy Crystal is also a good choice if you’ve collected enough gold in the first 10 minutes.
It tends to drop late in the game once everyone has a full item build, and is liable to land a single hit.
If the game exceeds 20 minutes, opt for defensive items such as Brute Force Breastplate, Oracle or Immortality, depending on the composition of the enemy.
Best recommended build for Joy in Mobile Legends
- Durable boots
- Brilliant wand
- concentrated energy
- Luminous wand
- Breastplate of Brute Force
- Divine Falchion
Easy to learn combos
In the laning phase, hide behind a bush and cast your first ability on the enemy whenever they get close. Once the target is slowed, cast Meow, Rhythm of Joy! five times before activating the Execute battle spell.
Once you reach level four, make sure you hit all your second skills to the beat to deal maximum damage with your ultimate electrifying beats!
You can also surprise your enemies by placing a Leonin Crystal inside a bush and dashing towards it to start the minigame.
Since you’ll have one more dash when you reach the crystal, you can dash again, this time at an enemy hero. At this point, you’ll only need four more shots to activate the ultimate and surprising enemies that didn’t see the first shot inside the bush.
It’s important to turn up the volume when playing Joy, as it’s the best way to sync the dashes to the beat without having to constantly look at the meter below the screen.
Follow ONE Esports on Facebook for MLBB news, updates, and guides.
READ MORE: Top 3 heroes to counter Gusion in Mobile Legends